Massage therapists, remedial massage therapists and myotherapists, often fill the gap when patients seek alternatives to medications and other therapies because they feel that massage therapy provides a level of relief that is appropriate to their needs.
The following fact sheets provide information to General Practitioners and other registered health professionals when about the use of massage for the relief of a wide range of issues and ailments. As with all health-related therapies, no two people respond in the same way and no two therapists can provide a massage in the same way.
- Fact Sheet 1: Women and musculoskeletal disease
- Fact Sheet 2: Identifying professional massage therapists
- Fact Sheet 3: Injury, rehabilitation and recovery
- Fact Sheet 4: Massage for oncology patients
- Fact Sheet 5: Pain management
- Fact Sheet 6: Finding professional massage therapists
- Fact Sheet 7: Perinatal and postnatal care
- Fact Sheet 8: Positive mental health