Private Health Funds
Following the introduction of the Private Health Insurance (Accreditation) Rules 2011 (reviewed in 2019), massage therapists must be a member of an accredited association in order to gain Approved Provider Status with the individual Private Health Funds. Massage & Myotherapy Australia has gained accreditation with various health funds which allows our eligible members to be registered automatically as a provider. Massage & Myotherapy Australia forwards eligible members details to the individual Private Health Funds on a regular basis.
Approved Provider Status enables your clients to claim a rebate on their treatment from their Private Health Fund.
To qualify and remain as an Approved Provider on the Health Funds list administered by Massage & Myotherapy Australia, you are required to:
- be a financial member
- have current Public Liability Insurance and provide Massage & Myotherapy Australia with a copy of the Certificate of Currency
- have Senior/Level 2 First Aid and provide Massage & Myotherapy Australia with a copy of the Certificate
- notify Massage & Myotherapy Australia of all clinic details including address (no PO Boxes) and phone number
- gain required CPE points demonstrating a commitment to ongoing professional education
Your receipt must be computer generated and must include the below details.
Your receipt must be computer generated. The receipt must include the following details.
- name of therapist
- AAMT (Massage & Myotherapy Australia) member number
- full practice street address (not PO Box) OR suburb and postcode
- practice telephone number
- clients name
- date of treatment
- type of treatment, eg remedial massage
- cost of treatment/s
- provider number (when issued)
If clients request a copy of a receipt it must be endorsed with the words ‘duplicate copy’.