Myotherapist or Remedial Therapist
Post date : 13 January 2020
Category : Part-Time
Vacancies : 2
Salary : Health Professionals and Support Services Award 2010, per experience
Pain Free Fitness is based in Redcliffe, Brisbane and closely combines soft tissue therapy with exercise therapy to deliver long term pain reduction strategies for our clients. Our clients are active people, regular gym-goers and amateur sportspeople, so understanding their biomechanical patterns is key to providing an outstanding service that quickly relieves symptoms and prevents recurrence.
We are looking for a therapist to be a significant part of our small team, taking ownership of the role and responsibility for the ongoing care of their clients. They will be keen to learn about the relationship between movement and pain, and how biomechanical analysis can be used to enhance rehabilitation through exercise and technique modification.
Our new team member will love to be in the gym (personal interest in fitness is essential for this role) and will enjoy the freedom of working with clients in both the clinic and on the gym floor.
Our new team member will thrive in a small team environment, and enjoy being a part of the close community at Dolphins Fitness and Aquatic Centre. They will be encouraged to develop their own ‘niche within our niche’, and supported to develop in-depth knowledge in their area and the fast growth of a client base that they can enjoy each day. We also support our team with regular in-house training sessions to develop expertise across a range of skills.
Work hours are negotiable, starting with two days per week and growing to as many hours as they would like. We have the capacity to fast-track bookings, so more days can be filled within the first few weeks.
To apply for this position, please complete the form at painfreefitness.com.au/jobs and we will email you the job description.
You will need to send us your full CV and a one page cover letter outlining how your knowledge, experience and interest relates to the role.
Job Description – Remedial Therapist/Myotherapist at Pain Free Fitness
Casual leading to Permanent Part Time. Wage: Award Rate as per the Health Professionals and Support Services Award 2010, reviewed annually.
Qualifications - mandatory
- Diploma of Remedial Therapy or higher, with
- Advanced Diploma of Myotherapy, or higher
Memberships/accreditation – mandatory to be maintained by the team member, or employment will cease immediately until the membership/accreditation is fully endorsed again
- Massage association membership (of team member’s choice) with private health rebate numbers for all health funds current at all times
- First Aid Certificate (3-yearly) and CPR (annual) current at all times
- CPD points maintained at all times, relevant to association requirements
- Evidence of all of the above to be provided to the employer at regular intervals or when requested
- Demonstration of significant clinical hands-on time either during study or post-qualification (mandatory)
- Demonstration of post-graduate ongoing education relevant to personal interest in the industry (mandatory)
- Personal interest in fitness and strength training, and a good understanding of gym-based exercises (favourable)
- Participation in or significant understanding of various sports or fitness activities (favourable)
- Deliver high quality remedial massage or myotherapy treatments with best practice technique and treatment plans, including the use of tools such as cupping, taping, exercise prescription etc as personal qualifications allow
- Take notes for each client to document original complaint, ongoing progress and plan for future treatment
- Combine soft tissue therapy and exercise prescription in the clinic with exercise therapy/modification on the gym floor for best results as needed for each client
- Assess movement and strength patterns before, during and after treatments as required
- Use understanding of training programs and orthopaedic assessment to determine the cause of injury, and advise changes to specific exercises, training programs and periodization as scope of practice allows
- Design, prescribe and deliver exercises or rehabilitation programs for clients using online software as required
- Educate clients as to the cause of their pain or injury, and how they can prevent recurrence through the correct use of trigger balls, foam rollers and exercise modification
- Refer clients to another team member as appropriate for strength training programs or modification of exercise, or further mechanical assessment
- Rebook clients to meet treatment plan needs, take payment for services and sort washing/restacking of towels
Social Media Role
- Research and develop social media posts, blog posts, and other content for the business pages and website
- Write, edit and schedule posts for social media channels
- Assist in filming and editing videos for content creation.
- Calling customers to respond to enquiries
- Educating clients about their condition and encouraging bookings
- Taking bookings and referring to the correct practitioner
- Follow up with previous clients to check progress
- Promo visits off site as required – Dolphins gym, ParkRun, etc. Handing out fliers, mini massages, talking to potential clients
- Other ad-hoc activities as required
- Running classes of information sessions or delivering stretching classes as required.
** For those interested and qualified candidates, please contact the contact person directly.
Pain Free Fitness
Dolphins Fitness and Aquatic Centre
Contact Person : Kathy Hill
Contact Number : 0439799979
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Website : painfreefitness.com.au